1. There's no such animal as "Assault weapons." That's a made-up term created by those who want to take away my "sporting rifles." :) There are "assault rifles." Those are select fire weapons capable of both full and semi-automatic fire. The typical civilian AR-15 is semi-automatic ONLY.
2. It seems that some of you anti-gun types actually DO want to take away our guns. Sen. Dianne Feinstein is quoted (accurately it turns out) as saying:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them....Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in. I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
As I understand it, she held a California Concealed carry license, which is difficult to impossible for "normal" Californians to get. Hypocrite much, Dianne?
3. AR does NOT stand for "Assault Rifle." It stands for Armalite. The company that originally designed it.
4. The 2nd Amendment was NOT written to protect our right to hunt. And yes, there were weapons capable of firing multiple shots back then. And the writers of the constitution were aware of them. Don't believe me? Google the Puckle Gun for one. You can also Google the Girandoni Air Rifle.
And you doubting Thomases should read Federalist #46.
In spite of Title 10, that is NOT the militia as envisioned by the founding fathers. It is my belief that what is stated in Michigan MCL 32.509 is much closer.
The organized militia of this state taken collectively shall be known as the state military establishment and constitutes the armed forces of this state. The organized militia consists of the army national guard, the air national guard, and the defense force when actually in existence as provided in this act. The unorganized militia consists of ALL other able-bodied citizens of this state and all other able-bodied citizens who are residents of this state who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be age 17 or over and not more than age 60, and shall be subject to state military duty as provided in this act.
Those would be mandatory members. Those of us who might be over the age but, still somewhat able-bodied, (if somewhat feeble-minded. :) ) would be voluntary members.
5. If you think that a citizen militia couldn't stand up to a regular armed force...WHERE THE F*CK HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST 30+ YEARS??? Go ask Afghanistan, Vietnam, the Provos in Northern Ireland, and others how they did it.
6. Do you really want to prohibit longarm sales to 18-20 year olds in the vain hope that will stop mass shooting? If you really believe that, you're dumber than you look.
7. Stop calling my AR a "military grade" rifle. That's an insult. She's much better than that. :) And I know why you don't like her, you racist bastard. It's because she's black.
8. Ammo clips are NOT the same thing as ammo magazines. IF you are going to talk about firearms, at least learn proper terminology. And while you're at it, learn something instructional about firearms too, so you don't sound like a total idiot.
9. Speaking of magazines, those of you who want to ban "high capacity" magazines, don't know your butt from a hole in the ground. The Parkland shooter used 10 round mags because he couldn't fit the bigger ones into his bag. :)
10. That's it for now. Just some things I wanted to get out there. Don't feel like you have to reply. You're not going to change my mind. Banning the AR-15 style rifle would not have stopped the Parkland shooting. It probably wouldn't have stopped the Vegas shooting either. There are a lot of guns out there that work very similar to the AR platform. It just happens to be a popular design. So, get over it.
Current Mood: Amused
Current Music: All My Ex's Live in Texas - George Strait
My Carry Pistol: FNX-45 16 rounds of .45ACP