She fomented an ultimately successful effort to derail a piece of local gun-control legislation which would simply have prohibited the open carry of firearms into schools, liquor stores, libraries, courthouses and the like. The people recruited to shout this ordinance down included these same figures, notably the local AIP representative (who became the AIP’s chairman that same year).
What they don't tell you is that by Alaska STATE law, the following places are off limits to Open Carry.
* Any Courthouse Housing ONLY Justice-Related Agencies
* Any Courtroom
* Any Licensed Child Care Facility
* Any Non-Private-Residence Assisted Living Facility
* Any Office of The Alaska Court System
* K-12 School Buses
* K-12 School Grounds
* Private Residences Without Residents Permission
* Restaurants WHILE CONSUMING ALCOHOL
* State Funded Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Shelters
On top of which, Alaska has complete State Preemption of All Firearm Laws. Meaning, no city, village, town, township or county level government can enact a local ordinance stronger than state law.
So, Daily Kos f*&ked up. But in all fairness, they are not alone. I've seen this same fantasy argument posted on other left wing loon sites.
Current Mood: Amused
Current Music: Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
My Carry Pistol: Taurus PT92AFS 9x19mm NATO