Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What a trip!

Ok, so we didn't get started until about 4:00PM on Monday 11/14/05. This was the fault of the owners who decided at the last minute to go shopping for the guys staying at Baton Rouge. They even had the gall to ask us to help unload the stuff!!

"Sorry, I'm under doctor's orders." ;-) Anyway, we got started, and we're off.

First thing, I am NOT going through Illinois. Why? Simple. I'm taking my gun back with me. And every state I intend to pass through will recognize my Michigan concealed Pistol license. Illinois does not, since they don't even "allow" their own citizens to pack a gun off their own property.

So, we go through Louisiana (we started there), Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas (by mistake, we got slightly lost around Memphis), Kentucky, and Indiana. We FINALLY got home, about 10:00PM. We might have got here sooner, but we made a short stop in Clarksville, TN, to visit some friends of my co-driver. That was ok. I got to sleep about 20 minutes or so, and it kept me going for most of the rest of the trip.

Man, was I EVER glad to get home!

1 comment:

Big Gay Al said...

Yup, I know. I lived in the Chicago suburbs from 1978 until 2001, when I moved to Michigan. Michiganders complain about having to have their pistols "safety inspected" (a state term for registered). But in comparison, at least here we can get a permit to carry a concealed handgun. AND in Michigan, open carry without a permit is legal.

Carry of any type, anywhere other than on your own property is illegal in Illinois. That's one of many reasons I won't ever go back.