Friday, February 16, 2007

US House of Reps rebukes the President, and "UN-supports" the troops.

(link)
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Democratic-controlled House issued a symbolic rejection of President Bush's decision to deploy more troops to Iraq on Friday, opening an epic confrontation between Congress and commander in chief over an unpopular war that has taken the lives of more than 3,100 U.S. troops.

The vote on the non-binding measure was 246-182....

No matter how you white wash this vote, it was a slap in the face to US Service men and women serving in Iraq.

Speaking as a former soldier, if you don't support the mission, you ARE NOT supporting the troops. The best way to support the troops is to help them finish the mission... SUCCESSFULLY. Do it any other way, and it's Vietnam, all over again. And I would not want our current service men and women to go through that. I did, and I didn't even go to Vietnam, but because I was in during that time, I got the same treatment that our combat vets did, including getting spat upon, and called "baby killer."

I don't care if you like President Bush or not. This "non-binding resolution," is just the first step in a very wrong direction. If you are like me, in that you want to support the troops, contact "Non-Stop" Pelosi, and let her know you're not happy with this, so-called, non-binding resolution.

Office of the Speaker
H-232, US Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-0100

On the other hand, if you agree with her, go ahead, let her know you agree. But know this, you are not worthy to shine my boots, if you agree with this cowardly, "non-binding" resolution.

As with most statements on this blog, this one is my personal opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree. But I hope that most of you do.

Current Mood: Sad
Current Music: None
Current Gun: Para-Ordnance P14 .45ACP

No comments: