Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Follow up to Tennessee gun laws

It's come to my attention that some people think I'm critical of the new law in Tennessee that allows CCW holders to go into establishments that serve alcohol with their guns.

On the contrary, I think it's a GREAT change in their handgun permit law. People who take the time, trouble, and spend the money to get a permit so they can legally defend themselves from the bad guys (Who, by the way will NEVER obey a law that says they can't carry a gun) should be considered trustworthy enough to let them take their gun, ANYWHERE they are legally allowed to be.

And for those who think there are too many guns on the street, get the bad guys to quit packing, and I will too....nah, I lied.

I think it's silly to give someone a permit/license that says the can carry a gun to defend themselves, then turn around and say, "Wait!! You can defend yourself here, but not here. It's ok to carry your gun in this store, but not that one."

It kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

And no, I don't have anything better to do in Michigan right now.


Current Mood: Amused
Current Music: Abba - Take A Chance On Me
My Carry Pistol: EAA Witness .45ACP MANSTOPPER

No comments: