Sunday, February 20, 2011

Open Carry in Lansing, MI (Part 1)

...When told Tyler and Hofmeister open carry at the library for their own safety, (CADL Director Lance Werner) Werner said, “In my opinion, that’s utterly ridiculous.”

“I’m sorry he feels that way,” Werner said. “I hope he feels like he’s in some living room. That’s how we want everyone to feel.”
If you want to read the whole story, click on the title of this blog post. I only quoted the last 2 paragraphs, as I think they highlight a bigger part of the problem.

CADL Director Lance Werner says he wants us to feel like we're "in some living room." I don't have security guards in my living room, do you? Besides which, if I'm in my living room, where ever I am, there's my gun too. So, if he wants me to feel like I'm in a living room, then I should have my gun with me.

My gun has never been turned away from anyone's living room. Most don't notice it, and some of those that do, ask to see it.

This is not about feeling safe. If it were, everyone would be encouraged to carry a gun. It's about control. Government control of the citizens. MOC and other Open Carry groups across the country are trying to get people used to seeing law-abiding citizens openly carrying firearms.

Now, I'll grant that Tyler's OC of a shotgun in downtown Lansing was not the best idea, what's he supposed to do? Lansing PD has been dragging their feet on another issue that's delaying his being able to buy a handgun. His only real means of self defense in the meantime is a long arm. So, what's he supposed to do, go unarmed? That's what the government wants. His only legal recourse, currently is to OC a long arm.

I don't know if I'd do that, if I were in his position, but I'm not in his position now, so it's not fair of me to say. He has the right of self defense, and his only current legal means is a long gun, so I guess that answers that.

Back to the original point. Anti-Gun liberals always say one of the following, they either think they have the "right to feel safe" where ever they are, the right to not see a gun, or they have the right to feel as safe as they would in their own home.

Show me in the Constitution of the USA, or of any state where it says we have the "right to feel safe." You can't. So don't try. Liberals like to insert non existent rights into our constitution, and they'd like to take out some of the inconvenient rights, like oh, the 2nd Amendment, and the 1st amendment, when it gets in THEIR way. But that's how liberals treat all laws. They like them, until they get in the way of their agenda.

 Current Mood: Awake
 Current Music: The Village People - In the Navy
My Carry Pistol: Rock Island Armory M1911-A1

No comments: