Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What is it with the "Hate monger" and "Racist" tags?

Really, I'd like to know. Why is it, those on the political left feel it necessary to call those on the political right things like "racist," "hatemonger," and others. Or course, these people don't stop there. Anyone who comes out in support of Coulter, Limbaugh, or Hannity, get labeled "knuckledraggers."

What gets me is so many on the left claim to be "tolerant" or more accepting of the Gay lifestyle. Yet, when it came down to whether or not to allow Gay marriage, the majority in Michigan voted for an amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. I find it really strange, when you consider that these same people voted for a democrat for senator, and this same majority gave this state's electoral votes to John Kerry.

With so-called friends like these, I think we're better off with our enemies. At least with them, we know where we stand.

But to get back to Ann Coulter, I suppose I'm just ticked off at the name calling. Yeah, I'm not happy with her use of fag in referring to John Edwards....although, he is kinda cute.

Still, I do understand the context that it was used. She was referring to the incident that occurred among the cast of "Grey's Anatomy." Should she have used something else to insult John Edwards? Maybe. But then it seems to me, in the political scene of pundits, controversy seems to be the name of the game.

So, if I can see it, why can't everyone else? I am not an overly educated person. I graduated from high school, didn't go to college. Partly because I couldn't afford it, mostly because I never really liked school.

As for this person or persons who want to stop Ann from speaking at Cleary U, or rather, they don't want her to get paid for speaking. Having been invited to various Universities myself, I can tell you they just about always pay you for speaking. It's expected. I just wish I could get $30,000.00 for doing so. That would make my decade!



Current Mood: Awake
Current Music: Village People - San Francisco
Carry Pistol: Para-Ordnance P14 .45ACP

No comments: